funeral assist starting from as little as
R 60 per month / R 2.00 per day
Ages 18 – 95
Our In-life Benefits
- Save more with our Herminix myWorld International Cashback membership
- 24-Hour emergency and medical advice support: Emergency First Aid advice
- Trauma Counselling
- Medical Advice Line
- C5 HIV/AIDS Prevention program
- 24h00 Legal Assist and Bail Assistance up to R6,000
- First consultation with Lawyer free.
- Assistance with clearing of bad credit record
- Assistance with Garnishee Order Investigations
- Qualify for special rates on Car Insurance
- Qualify for special rates on Life Assurance
- Up to 10% Discount for Study Courses at Colleges in South Africa
- Funeral Assist benefits as per chosen membership
- Repatriation anywhere in South Africa and neighbouring countries to the value of R 20,000 per year
- Save up to R 750 per month with our Shoprite/Checkers eCoupons program
- Save up to R 750 per month with our Pick n Pay eCoupons
- Save up to R 750 per month with our Dischem Saving eCoupons
- The removal from place of death (anywhere in South Africa) Maximum of R 900 per claim
- Storage to a miximum of R 1,000.
Minimum and maximum age at entry: The minimum age at entry for a principal member is 18 years. The maximum age at entry for a principal member is 69 years.
Maximum benefits payable: In cases where a member is registered under more than one rewards plan, the maximum payable on any one registered member, above the age of 14 will be R 10,000.
Condition for payment of benefits: Benefits will only be payable while the Rewards Membership is active. The program and benefits work on a full calendar month.
Qualifying period: A qualifying period will apply for death due to suicide from the day that a member is accepted onto the program or, where there is an increase in benefits, from the date of increase but only in respect of the increased benefit amount. Death due to accidental causes is not subject to the qualifying period. The qualifying period for natural deaths is 6 months and suicide 24 months.
Claim notification period: There will be a 6 month claim notification period. Claims will need to be submitted within 6 months of the deceased’s date of death in order for the claim to be valid.
Information Required at Claims Stage
- A membership certificate.
- A completed claim form.
- Proof of banking details of the beneficiary.
- The original or certified copies of the identity documents or Passports of the deceased and the beneficiary.
- The original or certified copy of the death certificate.
- A police report in the case of accidental death if death occurred in the first six months after inception of the membership.
- Any other documents/reports which the underwriter needs to assess the claim.
- The Administrator has the right to put off paying a claim on any member who enjoy benefits under this program until all requirements have been met.
Benefits under this program in respect of any member shall terminate if the Principle Member concerned resides for a continuous period exceeding three months outside of South Africa.
A Principal Member(s) means any person who satisfies the eligibility requirements on or after the commencement date.
The following information will be required from each member to take out funeral assistance on this program:
- Name and surname of the member and each of the immediate family members.
- ID number or a valid Passport number.
- Contact phone number.
- Name and surname of nominated beneficiary.
- Contact phone number of the nominated beneficiary
A member and dependents are required to be permanently resident in the Republic of South Africa to be included under this program. Benefits under this rewards program in respect of the principal member and his/her dependents, immediate family members, parents or extended family members shall terminate if the principal member resides for a continuous period exceeding three months outside of South Africa.
The following exclusions and limitations apply in respect of all benefit plans offered in terms of this program in respect of the registered members:
No benefits shall be granted, or benefits paid in the event of the death of any member resulting directly or indirectly from, or which is attributable to, attempted suicide or suicide during the first 24 (twenty-four) months from the inception date in respect of each member.
The program will provide that no benefit will be payable in the event of death occurring as a direct or indirect consequence of:
- Active participation in war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of, or amounting to an uprising, military or usurper power (To seize, take over or occupy without right and hold by force or without legal authority).
- The use of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, or any radio-active contamination; or attacks on or sabotage of facilities (including, but not limited to, nuclear power plants, reprocessing plants, final repository sites and research reactors) and storage depots, which lead to the release of radio-activity or nuclear, biological or chemical warfare agent.
- Irrespective whether any of the aforesaid has been performed with the specific use of information technology, no claim instituted shall be recognized or entertained unless written notice of such claim was received within 12 (twelve) months after the death of the member.
Disclosure in respect of Funeral Assistance
The free funeral benefit offered by SmartWallet Rewards is underwritten by a registered South African Insurer, a contract between SmartWallet Rewards and the Insurer directly. The Company reserves the Rights to change their Insurer at any time.
Membership Option Age 18 to 65
Single Member HS5A
Single Member HS1A
Single Member HS2A
Single Member HS3A
Family Member HF5A
Family Member HF1A
Family Member HF2A
Family Member HF2A
Membership Option Age 66 to 75
Single Member HS5B
Single Member HS1B
Single Member HS2B
Single Member HS3B
Family Member HF5B
Family Member HF1B
Family Member HF2B
Family Member HF2B
Membership Option Age 75 to 85
Single Member HS5C
Single Member HS1C
Single Member HS2C
Single Member HS3C
Membership Option Age 86 to 95
Single Member HS5D
Single Member HS1D
Single Member HS2D
Single Member HS3D