Medical Advisory services and Trauma Bereavement Counselling
The following services are available to the SmartWallet Members and is powered by Your Broker House and supplied through Health Finance Corporation as the service supplier.
The territory covered includes South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho.
Our Health Finance Corporation doctors and medical team will be available 24hrs. All calls received are managed by an expert nurse or paramedic. These services are administered by Health Finance Corporation. Contact number: 086 143 2222
Medical advisory services for the SmartWallet Rewards Main Member and children
24hr telephonic medical advice –Members can call at any time for advice or information regarding general medical and health issues. The service is provided by qualified nurses and is available in all South African languages:
- Emergency First Aid advice
- Symptom assessment and referral
- Information about chronic conditions, prescribed medication and drug database
- Health counselling
- Stress Management
- Medical travel information
- Substance abuse and poison information
- Generic medical advice
Trauma & Bereavement Counseling for the SmartWallet Main Member and children.
- A 24-Hour Trauma Counseling line is available in the event of any traumatic event such as hijacking, burglary, motor accident, the loss of a loved one, school bullying, suicide, diagnosis of a chronic or life-threatening medical condition, etc.
- An uninterrupted, confidential and professional telephonic counseling facility is available to customers every day of the year. Should the counselor determine a need for additional face-to-face counseling, the member will be directed to an appropriate trauma counseling centre.